Frequently Asked Questions
You’ll find some helpful information about McConachie Heights below. We’ve tried to think of everything, but if we missed something you don’t see answered here, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When will the community be complete?
The community of McConachie Heights will be fully built out in 2026 with final lot sales in 2026.
- How many homes will be in McConachie Heights?
525 single family homes and four multifamily sites will make up the community at completion.
- What schools are in the area?
There is a school in the McConachie overall community, which residents can attend if capacity allows, as it is not formally a designated school yet. Until then, residents in McConachie Heights can attend the designated schools below.
- Belvedere School (K-6)
- Steele Heights School (7-9)
- E. Lazerte School (10-12)
- Christ the King (K-9)
- Dominic (K-6)
- Archbishop O’Leary (10-12)
- How far is the nearest grocery store?
McConachie Heights is located at the centre of it all with many amenities nearby, including:
- Just one minute away is No Frills, located within the McConachie neighbourhood.
- Three minutes away in Hollick Kenyon is a Sobeys, Tim Hortons, Original Joes, multiple banks and other shops and services.
- Manning Town Centre is seven minutes away and features many big box stores, including: Cabela’s, Marshalls and HomeSense to name a few.
- What is available to do nearby?
There are many opportunities to get out for recreation when you live in McConachie Heights with two recreation and leisure centres, the Edmonton Public Library, two golf courses and a driving range just a short drive away.
- Is there a Homeowners’ Association in McConachie Heights?
No, there is no HOA in McConachie Heights.
- Does Anthem plant trees on my property?
Anthem does not plant trees on your property, instead trees are planted throughout the community on the boulevards. Residents can refer to the Architectural Guidelines for what trees need to be planted on their property.
- Do I get a fence included with my home?
Fences are the responsibility of the homeowners to coordinate or build. Before building a fence, be sure to check out the architectural guidelines for the community, as specific styles and colours have been chosen to ensure cohesiveness throughout the community.
- Can I skate or swim on the storm pond?
The City of Edmonton does not allow swimming or skating on community storm ponds, for more information on what storm ponds are used for, visit the City’s website.
Luckily, there are many other much nicer places to swim and skate near McConachie Heights at the Clareview Recreation Centre and Londonderry Fitness and Leisure Centre.
- Will there be trail shops and services in the community?
There are no planned commercial spaces in McConachie Heights, however there are multiple commercial nodes in the McConachie neighbourhood, including a gas station and Little Caesar’s Pizza along McConachie Boulevard.